Wednesday, July 6, 2016

A Voice From the Dust

Hey everyone! Man it has been a very long time since I last updated this blog, so I figured it was time to dust it off and put it back into use! A lot has changed since last we spoke, for starters: I am now married to a beautiful lady by the name of Andrea and we've had our first child, Sam, with a second coming soon in November. We're a twitter with anticipation, I know that sounds sarcastic but it's true. We bought a house and are loving all the growing pains that accompany such a large shift in one's life, and boy is it painful at times with all the things that you used to take for granted from your landlord, like having someone else fix your fridge, or make sure your sprinkler system works the way it's supposed to. But I digress...

The reason I am starting this blog up again is because I have had a lot of time to develop myself as a writer and I think that it is high time that I get started back into that vein of putting myself out there, so with that being said I will begin publishing stories that I have written over the past years and publishing them here. I will put them on separate pages that you will see up above. I have quite a bit of material to publish, and some of it is far more polished than others, so be generous in your judgements as we go forward together. Some of these stories I have written as fan fiction, others as their own stand alone works. I will post those in each of their corresponding areas. Which brings me to this announcement. The first of the stories that I will be sharing with you will be called:

The End of a Kingdom

This is a story that I wrote centering around a campaign that I held during the End Times in a game called (or rather, formerly known as) Warhammer Fantasy Battles. We played this game over the course of 6 months in my basement and in order to add some fun to it I began composing stories that linked the battles together, until, without meaning to, I realized that I had written a novel sized story that wasn't too terrible. It's lacking in some points, and I'm going to try and fill in those holes, but it has a fun feel to it and I think it's an enjoyable read. I will post one chapter a week for a while. I've already written about half of its sequel and you can look forward to that being on here eventually, too.

This story follows several characters as they fight against the coming tide of Chaos that threatens to overwhelm their homes and their friends. It does run in conjunction to Warhammer's End Time series and pulls on events from those books, so if you don't know that storyline I would suggest some good Wikipedia surfing to get you up to speed. I'm sure there are plenty of synopsis out there for you to peruse with a little Google-fu. It's an interesting storyline, but I'm so tired of the company that produced it, and I won't be doing any further works in that world, so producing a synopsis here would be counter-productive. However, even if you don't know the End Times story arc, this story is still good as a stand-alone novel that should entertain and give a few hours of enjoyment. I hope you all like it.




On another note, I have another piece that I am working on polishing that is a completely original story that I hope people will take the time to read, and I will begin posting that later. The purpose of this blog is to put my works out there and let people read them for their enjoyment. I aspire to becoming a published author in the professional sense, but if that doesn't happen I still want people to be able to read my works that like them.



Happy reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment